As part of the historic Clear Creek Ranch, the property has had a connection to Lake Tahoe, Carson City and Virginia City since the mid 1800’s. Clear Creek is located in the center of the fictional “Ponderosa” of Bonanza fame, and has been utilized for over 150 years by The Haskell Milling Company and various cattle operations. Our Swift’s Station pavilion on the golf course is so named for the Pony Express stop here between Carson City, Yosemite and the lake.
The remains of timber flumes that carried logs from Spooner Summit to the mines of western Nevada are still on the property. The timber operation was that of D.L. Bliss, a prominent and enterprising entrepreneur around the lake.
Clear Creek also has a significant architectural heritage, including simple Jeffrey Pine ranch structures and buildings designed by architects Julia Morgan (architect of our Twin Pines Lake & Ski house) and Bernard Maybeck, which will guide architectural designs within the community.